Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Weekly Update 2

WEEKLY UPDATE 2!!!

Highlights!!

I am really excited to get back the poetry books that were a part of the lesson last week. Right now I am grading them using the assigned rubric and responding to each section that is being graded. I loved how excited some of the students got when they turned in their copy of the poem flip book. I want to really take the time to grade and respond to each and every one of them.

Something that makes me think differently about teaching:

the students are preparing for the MPS next week. I can already see the intense anxiety from the students and the teachers. From my experience with the WASL I know exactly how they feel. What I find Interesting is how much my class's curriculum focuses on strategies to pass the writing MSP and not the real development of writing to share your thoughts with another person.

A Practice that I wish to Adopt!!!!

My master teacher is the pro of lesson flow! The lessons are seamless and transitions are almost unnoticeable. It leaves no room for distraction and optimizes the time spent on actual learning. I believe that it is not something that I can do right away, but come with practice.

Conflicting situations:

Because I am the YOUNG new student teacher, many of the students find many things they want to chat about that is off topic. I really would love to hear what they have to say, but I am learning where I need to stand firm and where to make those personal connections.


No comments:

Post a Comment