Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weekly Update 6

Highlight:

This week I was able to sit in on a student teacher conference. The student was struggling with simple tasks like turning in their work and even remembering to bring a pencil to class. With the help of the mother, counselor, and the teachers of the student, they were able to put together an action plan. The plan included consequences (lunch detention) if the student could not complete the action plan. This was a really interesting experience and something that I was glad to witness and possibly be using in the future.

Something that makes me think differently about teaching:

Teachers love gossip. Especially English teachers.

A Practice that I wish to Adopt!!!!

My teacher has a role that the students earn for good work. He calls it "royalty." Each week a student is recognized for their in class achievement and receive special privileges.

Conflicting situations:

I am having a hard time getting my students to turn in their release of information forms. There are a select few who seem to always need a new copy.


m

No comments:

Post a Comment