Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekly Update #7

Highlight:

I had my first supervised lesson this week and according to my supervisor: I WAS AWWWWESOOOME! Our lesson was on Irony and different kinds of irony in the texts that they have read before. 

The students got to work in groups which usually does not happen. They really surprised me =)

Something that makes me think differently about teaching:

The curriculum is always a changing element. I just learned that next year they are having a new focus on grammar instruction that usually is put on the back burner. 

A Practice that I wish to Adopt!!!!

A better attention-getter to bring the students back and focus back up to the front.

Conflicting situations:

There is going to be a sub this Friday who did not have the best experience with my particular class. I am going to be the "behind-the-scenes" observer for my master teacher for behavior. Hopefully it will go well.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment